THE ORGANIZING AND CLEANING CONTINUES...

With the miserable weather here there isn't a lot to do outside, so it makes for a perfect opportunity to clean out the crud and organize what's left.

I've been taking a hard, long look at what I have - what I actually use and then how do I want to effectively use it.

It's tough to let go of some things, but hey - as an example...I've had a diamond tennis bracelet for YEARS - literally...probably ten - and I've worn the darn thing MAYBE twice! That's ridiculous! Why you ask? Well, because I've been too afraid of losing it or catching it on something and breaking it. Sooooooooooo...I asked myself - why have it! Time to sell it!

XOE even got in the act of helping. I was doing some organizing in my spare room/craft room and XOE started pawing at the bottom edge of the dresser in there. I couldn't feel anything under it (ball, chew stick, etc.) so I pulled out the dresser and low and behold there was this fabulous piece of art that I'd stashed back there so it wouldn't get bent or ruined and had completely forgotten about! Sweet! I ran out and got a frame for it at Michael's. They were having a 40% off sale on frames and I had a coupon for another 25% off. Yeah! Thanks, XOE for finding the picture for me! It made my day!

I really wanted to go to the Chinese New Year parade this year in San Francisco, but financially I think that is going to be a bust! Not to mention it's suppose to rain that day. I'm not up for trudging through the streets of San Fran in the rain dodging hoards of people who are equally annoyed that they have chosen to do the same thing. Maybe next year! I am suppose to be going to a company dinner with my hubby that night anyway so alas I am going to opt to spend time with him and enjoy another free meal.

No comments: