A PAUSE FOR REPOSE

I jumped at the idea of 30 Days of Truth; then I read Day One's subject line. I found the topic incredibly daunting and scary. Hence, the delay.

I'm still not sure I'm ready to address that one. A friend of mine said "why don't you just pick another one from the list and begin with it instead?" - Being a more linear thinker and person it was a difficult concept to consider her suggestion. "No, I'll do it in order listed" was my reply. "I may just have to wait a bit". Before I knew it, a "bit" had turned into "later" and "later" had turned into "in awhile" and "in awhile" had turned into "sometime down the road". So, here we are several months after my initial interest and I still have yet to begin. Don't get me wrong, I haven't ignored the subject entirely - I have thought about what my response was going to be several times. I'm not satisfied with anything I came up with.

I decided to quit thinking about it. I decided to just answer the question simply. That in itself was going to be a challenge. Research. Analyze. Reason. Rationale. That's what I do; normally. Not this time. This time I'm just going to get it over with. Simple, straight forward and to the point. No big composition on 'why' or 'how come' and no 'history lesson' to explain the reason for the answer.

Day One: Something You Hate About Yourself

1. I hate that I trust too easily and often get hurt.
2. I hate that I'm over weight.
3. I hate that I am resentful sometimes.
4. I hate that I worry too much about what other people think.

There you have it! For the record, I really don't like the word "hate" - it's so ugly.

No comments: