WINTER FUNK

Thrilled as I was to go to Oregon for the Christmas holiday, the weather was so draining - mentally that is. It was raining when we left, it rained (even hailed at times) the ENTIRE time we were in Oregon and it's been raining or overcast a majority of the time since we've been home - which has now been 10 days.

Ugh! I fled Oregon to sunnier pastures in California for that very reason. The dreariness of winter just really gets to me.

I enjoyed having my two oldest grandson's here the week of our return from Oregon - we had a great time being creative and they were such great help to me around the house. We worked at clearing junk from the garage and packed it all in my tiny Mustang and took it to Goodwill for donation.

I've been trying to brighten up my Winter woes with creative gestures here and there - but it's just not working. My brain is in high gear and all I seem to be able to do is get side tracked and start yet another 'idea' without finishing the last one. I've organized, baked, cooked and cleaned. I've crafted and shopped and created dream boards of the things I 'hope' to do some day. As the saying goes, "The natives (native in my case) are restless" - I bought blackberries to can - but need to go to the store and get lids - it's been raining so bad I haven't wanted to go out in the traffic and deal with people's stupid driving abilities in the rain. So they sit in the refrigerator.

I got out material wanting to sew - but have been too lazy to set up the machine! On and on. This sucks. I'm totally wired but not motivated. Quite the contradiction. Oh Mr. Sunshine - where art thou!

No comments: